Meet Cristian, Future Electrician
After graduating from high school, Cristian was looking for direction. He found it through NextGen. He participated in the JATC Electrical Pre-Apprenticeship Program and was then hired full time with Baker Power as an Electrician Helper. “NextGen really helped me to get to where I am; they really look out for the community,” he said. […]
NCWorks NextGen, powered by Eckerd Connects, exists to help remove many of the barriers some of our youth experience and start them on the path to career success. Whether you have little work experience, are justice involved or are looking for a new career opportunity, our team can provide the tools, training and support you need.
To qualify for our program, you must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be between 16 and 24 years old
- Pregnant or single parent
- Low income
- High school graduate
- High school dropout
- Those who are justice involved
- Those who need help determining a career path
Whether you are ready for a new career or unsure what career to enter, we can help you realize your potential. NCWorks NextGen provides education and training opportunities that help youth and young adults hit the ground running in high-demand careers.
- Job placement: Access part or full-time jobs, internships and volunteer positions.
- GED preparation: Earn high school diploma by attending class and tutoring sessions.
- Money management: Learn how to better manage your finances.
- Leadership skills: Build social and professional skills while gaining self-confidence.
- Training: Gain industry-relevant certifications in Manufacturing, Construction, Medical, IT and more.
- Career readiness skills: Learn effective strategies to obtain and maintain employment.
- Life skills: Develop better relationships with yourself and others.
- Mentoring: connect caring adults and program participants together to develop a positive relationship, provide support and increase participants’ overall success.
YOUTHWORK INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The YouthWork Internship Program has connected young people in Durham to local businesses for summer employment opportunities for more than 30 years. YouthWork identifies organizations that could benefit from youth interns and then tailors an internship experience based on specific needs. Learn more here.
Provide and share solutions that promote the well-being of children, young adults, and families in need of a second chance.
Ensure that each child and young adult has the opportunity to succeed.