Here’s Why Hosting an Intern Works
The engineering firm McKim & Creed, which was founded and hired its first employee in 1978, now has offices spread across the southeast from North Carolina to Florida and Texas. “We’ve been growing pretty quickly the last four years and are expecting continued growth as part of our strategic plan,” said Wes Hutchins, who […]
As a business, you face many challenges on a daily basis. No matter the size of your organization, the location, or the industry sector, there is one thing you have in common with every other North Carolina employer: the success of your organization depends on the skill and productivity of your workforce.
At the heart of a profitable and flourishing business is a thriving workforce. How do you ensure your organization can remain strong, with well-skilled employees over the long term? How do you find and keep the best talent possible?
Whether you are a new employer to North Carolina, or a well-established business with deep roots in this state, the NCWorks Business Services Team works with you to provide talent management strategies and solutions to meet your specific needs! We are able to provide these solutions at little to no cost to your business here in North Carolina.
Host an Intern This Summer
Take advantage of this great opportunity to build a talent pipeline for your business and help make Durham a better place to live, work and play!
NCWorks Online is North Carolina’s official job search website and gives employers the ability to:
- Search for candidates based on their skills, work experience, and resumes.
- Post job listings which allows you to review potential candidates that have expressed interest in a specific job posting.
- Find and review resumes of candidates that have the qualifications you need.
- Access labor market trends, statistics, and economic and demographic data specific to your area and your industry
STRATEGIC PARTNERS: NCWORKS BUSINESS SERVICES AND YOU
The NCWorks Business Services Team is a collaborative partnership between the Durham Workforce Development Board, Durham Technical Community College, Durham Public Schools and other career service centers. This team approach gives you access to resources statewide including:
- Skills gaps: We can provide training resources and funding for your new or existing employees by offering on-the-job instruction as well as off-site classes at local colleges and other training venues to help you retain a vital and talented workforce.
- Staffing challenges: We recruit, screen, and provide you with qualified applicants so that you can quickly fill critical openings with the right people.
- Connection to workforce data: We can provide the latest labor market information, along with local wage and salary data, helping you remain competitive and poised for growth in your marketplace.
- Business start-up services: We can with processes that help you build your business and workforce to be successful.
- Tax credits and incentives: We can help you discover if you are eligible for these benefits to help your bottom line.
- Outplacement needs: We offer a myriad of outplacement services to assist you in finding other employment for your workers should the need arise.
LABOR, MARKET & BUSINESS DATA